Camps, Clinics and Injury Prevention Programs
There are many opportunities for non Club members to attend camps and train with our coaches.
- Fall Club Tryouts: Offered during mid May for boys and girls. See tryouts page for more details. Register Now
- Core Strength and Injury Prevention: Offered in 2 seasons over several weeks in the late winter and spring for a wide range of ages. Register Now
- Pre-Academy: Pre-Academy is offered year-round and is open to younger athletes interested in becoming better players and building all around athletic skills. Register Now
The Force North Soccer Club focuses on the growth and development of each player participating in our program. We believe it is important to develop and harness the individual technical and tactical skills that will ultimately help players with team play. Our coaches follow a Positive Coaching Model and see victory as a by-product in the pursuit of excellence. Through commitment, hard work, and pure enjoyment of the game, our players will develop a strong sense of confidence, good sportsmanship, and the ability to work in a team atmosphere, while at the same time experiencing their own individual achievements.
To learn more about our coaching philosophy email our Director of Coaching.
FORCE North Club Program Highlights
In keeping with our coaching philosophy, we have incorporated the following player development programs and tools into our offerings.
- AC Fiorentina Player Development: This program takes a scientific approach to player development and focuses on furthering physical, technical, tactical and mental skills. It includes extensive work on psycho-motor skills, coordination, endurance, involuntary muscle movement, flexibility, technical training, team tactics, and individual tactics.
- iSoccer: iSoccer is an online tool that leverages technology, assessment and competition to motivate players to raise their technical level. iSoccer assessment helps GSC coaches build targeted technical sessions that supplement team training through guided video instruction.
- Coerver Training: This training is delivered through the Pyramid of Player Development that develops skills from the basics of ball mastery to a tactically driven group attack, including elements like ‘Receiving and Passing’, ‘1 on 1 moves’, ‘Speed’, and ‘Finishing’. 1 on 1 moves may include the scissors, double scissors, Rivelino move or step over, Matthews move, Puskás move or v-move, Maradona move or 360, Cruyff move, Scotch move, and Elastico.
- Adidas Junior Training Program: The Junior Training Program is sponsored by and offered to GSC players through an alliance instituted by Adidas. The program is run by staff comprising former professional and national team players. The purpose is to identify and invite boys and girls 9-11 years old to monthly development centers where they will get to experience the highest level of coaching, training and competition.
We follow a training curriculum that allows for long-term growth for each of our players while ensuring they are always playing at a level and on a team that is appropriate for their current training needs. We offer Pre-Academy or Beginning Soccer programs as well as Team Academy programs. In addition, FORCE North conducts winter and summer soccer programs so players can continue their training during the off-season.
If you have questions on any of our programs please contact the Director of Coaching.